We encourage parents to be a part of Bush Babies. Here you can find information on upcoming events and reminders.
Up Coming Events
17th June – Monday – Winter Solstice & Wacky Day
– Wear your wackiest clothes, ideas could include wacky hair dos, wearing jumpers upside down, putting socks on your hands etc., etc. Weather permitting we will be running some wacky races down the back starting at 2.30pm so if you are free, come and join the fun.
9th July – Tuesday – Teddy Bears Picnic Lunch & Pyjama Day. Wear your PJ’s to school.
31st July – Wednesday – Disco in the Gumnut Room from 2pm.
12th – 16th August – (All Week) – Energy Savers Week.
– We will be talking about electricity, how to save it, how dangerous it is etc.
26th – 30th August – All Week
– National Literacy & Numeracy Week. Please bring in your child’s favourite book to read & dress up as your favourite character.
We send our newsletter to parents via email. Please talk to Cheryl if you would like to be included on the list.
- Change of clothes clearly labelled
- Disposable Nappies if applicable
- Sun Hat
- Swimmers & towel in Summer (For water play in hot weather)
- 1 piece of fruit (to be shared for morning tea)
Please do not bring lollies, chips or gum. Don't leave any creams, lotions or medications in your children's bag - please fill in a medication form. Make sure you label all your children's belongings.
Useful links to Australian Government sites.
- Springwood Community Health Centre
- NSW Department of Family & Community Services
- Centrelink & Family Assistance Office
- SIDS & Kids
- Westmead Children’s Hospital
- Australian Children’s Education & Care Quality Authority
- Early Childhood Australia
- Raising Children
- Gateway Family Services – Blaxland
Cooking with your child can lead to healthy lifelong eating habits, is fun, and helps with development of skills and knowledge.